This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

SMALL LOW COST HYBRID ELECTRIC CARS NEEDED

At present only large companies who can write-off car expanses are using hybrid luxury cars to advertise themselves as environmentally friendly wealthy companies.

What we want is a small smart light weigh car with under 1000cc engine that can do 200 miles on open road and then switch to a small low power battery/motor that can do just around 10 miles inside the city boundaries. 

NOTE.  One standard 12 volt lead/acid battery 100 amp-hour contains 1kWhr of energy.  Small petrol engine is typically 35kW; so 3 batteries will give 3 kWhr which is just sufficient.  Or is it???
Parents
  • A friend of mine has a 48 volt golf cart that he drives around a hilly 18 hole course at 25 MPH most of the time.  It does whine rather noisily but if a gearbox were installed that would be better, However, after 10 km it certainly starts to run the batteries down and for long distances of hundred miles or so a petrol or diesel generator would be absolutely essential. 

Stopping every 10 or 20 minutes to recharge the batteries on a motorway to me is a total non starter, but a small affordable hybrid I would really enjoy; as it is clean in the cities and can be charged at home by my solar panels a real eco friendly idea.
  • A friend of mine has a 48 volt golf cart that he drives around a hilly 18 hole course at 25 MPH most of the time.  It does whine rather noisily but if a gearbox were installed that would be better, However, after 10 km it certainly starts to run the batteries down and for long distances of hundred miles or so a petrol or diesel generator would be absolutely essential. 

Stopping every 10 or 20 minutes to recharge the batteries on a motorway to me is a total non starter, but a small affordable hybrid I would really enjoy; as it is clean in the cities and can be charged at home by my solar panels a real eco friendly idea.
Children
No Data