This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

SMALL LOW COST HYBRID ELECTRIC CARS NEEDED

At present only large companies who can write-off car expanses are using hybrid luxury cars to advertise themselves as environmentally friendly wealthy companies.

What we want is a small smart light weigh car with under 1000cc engine that can do 200 miles on open road and then switch to a small low power battery/motor that can do just around 10 miles inside the city boundaries. 

NOTE.  One standard 12 volt lead/acid battery 100 amp-hour contains 1kWhr of energy.  Small petrol engine is typically 35kW; so 3 batteries will give 3 kWhr which is just sufficient.  Or is it???
Parents
  • Thanks Andy,

What I want is a 1000cc petrol hybrid with only a 10% range battery for city work. I do not want a battery that will take me on a motorway but a little car with a maximum weight of just 1 tonne [1000 kG].  Forget about prestige environmentally friend expensive Tesla sales gimmicks.

We need to design a cheap electric hybrid that charges itself along the motorway BUT switches over to be clean in the city with a small battery overnight charger. 

CliveS
  • Thanks Andy,

What I want is a 1000cc petrol hybrid with only a 10% range battery for city work. I do not want a battery that will take me on a motorway but a little car with a maximum weight of just 1 tonne [1000 kG].  Forget about prestige environmentally friend expensive Tesla sales gimmicks.

We need to design a cheap electric hybrid that charges itself along the motorway BUT switches over to be clean in the city with a small battery overnight charger. 

CliveS
Children
No Data