This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

SMALL LOW COST HYBRID ELECTRIC CARS NEEDED

At present only large companies who can write-off car expanses are using hybrid luxury cars to advertise themselves as environmentally friendly wealthy companies.

What we want is a small smart light weigh car with under 1000cc engine that can do 200 miles on open road and then switch to a small low power battery/motor that can do just around 10 miles inside the city boundaries. 

NOTE.  One standard 12 volt lead/acid battery 100 amp-hour contains 1kWhr of energy.  Small petrol engine is typically 35kW; so 3 batteries will give 3 kWhr which is just sufficient.  Or is it???
Parents
  • As well as having a diesel van I have a little Daihatsu Hi Jet pickup, which is actually a rebadged Piaggio made in Italy.

The pickup has a 1300cc petrol engine and had a dealer LPG conversion which was grant assisted, because in 2004 LPG was seen as a good option for running vehicles.

The local Calor Gas depot moved earlier this year and they did not reinstall the road fuel pump at the new depot, logically they would be running their own vehicles on LPG and would have put the pump back in for their own use as well as for others to use.

I have not put any LPG in the pickup since last year, the MOT tester was getting sniffy about tested the gas tank and pipework and as gas is not available locally it was just easier to to give up using it.

Will hydrogen have a better uptake and longevity than LPG?

Andy Betteridge
  • As well as having a diesel van I have a little Daihatsu Hi Jet pickup, which is actually a rebadged Piaggio made in Italy.

The pickup has a 1300cc petrol engine and had a dealer LPG conversion which was grant assisted, because in 2004 LPG was seen as a good option for running vehicles.

The local Calor Gas depot moved earlier this year and they did not reinstall the road fuel pump at the new depot, logically they would be running their own vehicles on LPG and would have put the pump back in for their own use as well as for others to use.

I have not put any LPG in the pickup since last year, the MOT tester was getting sniffy about tested the gas tank and pipework and as gas is not available locally it was just easier to to give up using it.

Will hydrogen have a better uptake and longevity than LPG?

Andy Betteridge
Children
No Data