This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Alan Turing or Nikola Tesla

Just a thought, how might Alan Turing or Nikola Tesla fared in a Professional Review Interview?
Parents
  • I fully agree with Andy's assessment except that I suspect Alan Turing may have fallen down on the D competencies. I have heard that his social skills were a bit lacking, possibly because of self-consciousness due to his stammer, though I would hope that the stammer would not be marked down per se.

I also believe he had to let others at Bletchley deal with the management of the projects he initiated, though whether this was due to lack of C competencies or his abrasive social skills in dealing with the people i don't know.

Perhaps someone with a bit more knowledge of his life can clear up these matters as the above is only based on hearsay.

Michael Faraday - I suspect that despite the lack of post-nominals he would have sailed through at quite an early age. The work he did with Humphrey Davy to produce the safety lamp (in the space of a single month - I think it was October 1815) would have nailed the A and B competencies in addition to the E at a time that he was only in his mid-20s. He could probably have achieved the C and D competencies at that time also.
  • I fully agree with Andy's assessment except that I suspect Alan Turing may have fallen down on the D competencies. I have heard that his social skills were a bit lacking, possibly because of self-consciousness due to his stammer, though I would hope that the stammer would not be marked down per se.

I also believe he had to let others at Bletchley deal with the management of the projects he initiated, though whether this was due to lack of C competencies or his abrasive social skills in dealing with the people i don't know.

Perhaps someone with a bit more knowledge of his life can clear up these matters as the above is only based on hearsay.

Michael Faraday - I suspect that despite the lack of post-nominals he would have sailed through at quite an early age. The work he did with Humphrey Davy to produce the safety lamp (in the space of a single month - I think it was October 1815) would have nailed the A and B competencies in addition to the E at a time that he was only in his mid-20s. He could probably have achieved the C and D competencies at that time also.
Children
No Data