This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Alan Turing or Nikola Tesla

Just a thought, how might Alan Turing or Nikola Tesla fared in a Professional Review Interview?
Parents
  • I was thinking more of their social skills than ticking UKSpec competences. I suspect Alan Turing wouldn't have put himself across well at interview, I'm not sure Tesla would have either. I do get the feeling that feeling comfortable in front of an interview panel and being happy to blow your own trumpet are helpful factors here. In my past I have been described as somewhat autistic, and I believe my own PRI performance and results reflected this. Sour grapes? A little bit, but also a suggestion that we should bear these aspects in mind when we design or change our process of assessment. I was LN secretary for 8 years and am still an active volunteer, so I've learned to live with it, but I doubt a future PRI would shine.
  • I was thinking more of their social skills than ticking UKSpec competences. I suspect Alan Turing wouldn't have put himself across well at interview, I'm not sure Tesla would have either. I do get the feeling that feeling comfortable in front of an interview panel and being happy to blow your own trumpet are helpful factors here. In my past I have been described as somewhat autistic, and I believe my own PRI performance and results reflected this. Sour grapes? A little bit, but also a suggestion that we should bear these aspects in mind when we design or change our process of assessment. I was LN secretary for 8 years and am still an active volunteer, so I've learned to live with it, but I doubt a future PRI would shine.
Children
No Data