This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Alan Turing or Nikola Tesla

Just a thought, how might Alan Turing or Nikola Tesla fared in a Professional Review Interview?
Parents

• Alex Barrett:

... I believe my own PRI performance and results reflected this. Sour grapes? A little bit,...

Alex, I am glad you say you have learned to live with it, but don't get into the mindset that you wouldn't shine at a future PRI. An interview is just an interview and every one is different. I was very lucky that my interviewers did their best to put me at ease and succeeded so well that for many years I felt it was the easiest interview I had ever undergone (and I made the point and thanked them for it afterwards, which gratified them). What I am trying to say is don't prejudge the interview with the expectation that it will be difficult since for the PRI the interviewers are normally trying to find a way for you to pass. Your experience as LN secretary should provide all the evidence that is needed for the 'social skills' so don't be afraid to give it a go (but if you don't want to, that is alright also, whatever your reasons).

Alasdair 

• Alex Barrett:

... I believe my own PRI performance and results reflected this. Sour grapes? A little bit,...

Alex, I am glad you say you have learned to live with it, but don't get into the mindset that you wouldn't shine at a future PRI. An interview is just an interview and every one is different. I was very lucky that my interviewers did their best to put me at ease and succeeded so well that for many years I felt it was the easiest interview I had ever undergone (and I made the point and thanked them for it afterwards, which gratified them). What I am trying to say is don't prejudge the interview with the expectation that it will be difficult since for the PRI the interviewers are normally trying to find a way for you to pass. Your experience as LN secretary should provide all the evidence that is needed for the 'social skills' so don't be afraid to give it a go (but if you don't want to, that is alright also, whatever your reasons).

Alasdair 

Children
No Data