This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Alan Turing or Nikola Tesla

Just a thought, how might Alan Turing or Nikola Tesla fared in a Professional Review Interview?
Parents
  • What a daft question !

Its a bit like the slavery debate and restitution arguments. Judging the long past historical period with todays standards. Back when Faraday was kicking about and Tesla was inventing things, largely engineering was still pretty mechanical. Electrical and Electronic things were very much blue sky/cutting edge. As such, their towering intellects drove the agenda and framed the profession we are all a part of.

Now we have UK-Spec, we have many other standards and guides. To assess 19th century individuals in the 21st century is as futile and pointless as trying to blame everyone now for slavery 250 years ago.

That said, I celebrate these towing figures having named all my cats after them: Faraday, Turing, Maxwell, Tesla, Ada, Whittle & Babbage (over the past 27 years I hasten to add)

• What a daft question !

Its a bit like the slavery debate and restitution arguments. Judging the long past historical period with todays standards. Back when Faraday was kicking about and Tesla was inventing things, largely engineering was still pretty mechanical. Electrical and Electronic things were very much blue sky/cutting edge. As such, their towering intellects drove the agenda and framed the profession we are all a part of.

Now we have UK-Spec, we have many other standards and guides. To assess 19th century individuals in the 21st century is as futile and pointless as trying to blame everyone now for slavery 250 years ago.

That said, I celebrate these towing figures having named all my cats after them: Faraday, Turing, Maxwell, Tesla, Ada, Whittle & Babbage (over the past 27 years I hasten to add)

Children
No Data