This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

A Levels and results - does anyone have an opinion relevant to The IET ?

In the news today. This is the pathway to becoming an Engineer for many and considered "equivalent" to having completed a skilled apprenticeship by the educational establishment.
Parents
  • Andy,

That is one reason (its use for university selection) I am happy with the grade boundaries being adjustable to cater for differences in exams from year to year. I don't think candidates who have deferred for a year or two will have an issue as they will normally have a firm offer before the current crop of prospective students get their offers but the universities ought to know the level of learning of the incoming students and be able to compare different year intakes. After a number of years the exam grades are much less of an issue, whether it is A-level or degree. The level of my degree, and in fact whether I even have one, has for a number of years probably been a minor issue when advancing my career relative to my experience and the CPD achieved since I left university.

Alasdair
  • Andy,

That is one reason (its use for university selection) I am happy with the grade boundaries being adjustable to cater for differences in exams from year to year. I don't think candidates who have deferred for a year or two will have an issue as they will normally have a firm offer before the current crop of prospective students get their offers but the universities ought to know the level of learning of the incoming students and be able to compare different year intakes. After a number of years the exam grades are much less of an issue, whether it is A-level or degree. The level of my degree, and in fact whether I even have one, has for a number of years probably been a minor issue when advancing my career relative to my experience and the CPD achieved since I left university.

Alasdair
Children
No Data