This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

A Levels and results - does anyone have an opinion relevant to The IET ?

In the news today. This is the pathway to becoming an Engineer for many and considered "equivalent" to having completed a skilled apprenticeship by the educational establishment.
Parents
  • Hi,

I'd also just like to re-emphasise that all other professions expect (and one way or another provide!) a number of years of post-graduate training. We're a real oddity in expecting graduates to be employment-ready.

The strangest aspect of this to me is architecture, or as it could be looked at "civil engineering design". How has the architecture profession got itself organised to provide structured post-grad training and development, when the design professions for all other engineering fields haven't???

Thanks,

Andy
  • Hi,

I'd also just like to re-emphasise that all other professions expect (and one way or another provide!) a number of years of post-graduate training. We're a real oddity in expecting graduates to be employment-ready.

The strangest aspect of this to me is architecture, or as it could be looked at "civil engineering design". How has the architecture profession got itself organised to provide structured post-grad training and development, when the design professions for all other engineering fields haven't???

Thanks,

Andy
Children
No Data