This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Confessions of an Electrician...

So while we’ve not been able to log into the community (you can do so now if you didn’t already know) I’ve been keeping myself out of mischief Blush by going through some of the discussion topics on the old Wiring Regs forum and came across this one: Walking off site where some of you were sharing stories about your experiences with client's pets while on the job. 

So I thought it would be a bit of fun to ask you to share some of your funny/bizarre or just weird stories (keeping it relatively clean and protecting the privacy of others please!) from any jobs you’ve been on or done.

… And I’ll send some swag to the author of the story that gets voted the ‘Most helpful/liked’ from the community so don't forget to hit that 'Good Answer' link on any that make you chuckle! (Log in required)

Parents
  • Not really 'my' confession but a bit of a funny story related to the IET's office at Michael Faraday House...

When I started work here around 16 years ago now, there was a set of lights on the first floor that were always switched on, day and night. Reason being because no one could work out which bank of light switches controlled them! There were many tests done over the years and the conclusion was just that they must have been wired in that way somehow. 

Fast forward a few years and our new Facilities Manager was having some remodeling done of the offices on the first floor to accommodate some new meeting rooms/offices for the Senior Managers. While the contractors were taking down a partition wall (that I suspect was originally put up in the past major building refurbishment back in 2002) they found a light switch nestled in the gap between the wall studs and plasterboard... and it was switched on... ?
  • Not really 'my' confession but a bit of a funny story related to the IET's office at Michael Faraday House...

When I started work here around 16 years ago now, there was a set of lights on the first floor that were always switched on, day and night. Reason being because no one could work out which bank of light switches controlled them! There were many tests done over the years and the conclusion was just that they must have been wired in that way somehow. 

Fast forward a few years and our new Facilities Manager was having some remodeling done of the offices on the first floor to accommodate some new meeting rooms/offices for the Senior Managers. While the contractors were taking down a partition wall (that I suspect was originally put up in the past major building refurbishment back in 2002) they found a light switch nestled in the gap between the wall studs and plasterboard... and it was switched on... ?
Children
No Data