This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Are we doing enough to attract young people to the rail industry?

Rail Technology Magazine is hosting a survey to see 'Are we doing enough to attract young people to the rail industry?' 

The link is here if you want to put your thoughts forward.

Parents
  • Hi Lynsay,

Thanks for the link which I'll explore.

There's also the question of whether the rail industry is doing enough to attract excellent experienced engineers from other industries into the rail industry! Different question of course, and shouldn't detract from this, but I often wonder if we're actually better at (or at least put more effort into) attracting young people than we are at attracting experienced people. After 26 years in the rail industry (following 11 years in the music / broadcast industry) I'm starting to feel a bit less like an imposter ?

Cheers,

Andy
  • Hi Lynsay,

Thanks for the link which I'll explore.

There's also the question of whether the rail industry is doing enough to attract excellent experienced engineers from other industries into the rail industry! Different question of course, and shouldn't detract from this, but I often wonder if we're actually better at (or at least put more effort into) attracting young people than we are at attracting experienced people. After 26 years in the rail industry (following 11 years in the music / broadcast industry) I'm starting to feel a bit less like an imposter ?

Cheers,

Andy
Children
No Data