This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Last orders for queue jumping in pubs thanks to facial recognition system

Been reading this article in E&T online about an AI company using facial recognition to determine the order of service at the bar!!! Genius!!!
Parents
  • There has been a recent stink about a private company using this technology in the St Pancras station development. One of it's share holders is talking about withdrawing it's capital because of the sinister nature of such.

Amazon are already fitting FR cameras in their high st outlets to monitor customer behavior, repeat visit frequencies et al

Sometimes, it is better to not do something just because you can.

I am not a fan of all this personal data gathering. Adolf Hitler loved gathering large amounts of data on the populations of his newly conquered countries and this did not bode well for the Jews.

Whilstever we have a benign Govt, people will say "What is wrong with facebook, twitter, whatsapp etc.

I say, learn from the lessons of the past, and do not take the future for granted.

Now Alexa - b***** off.
  • There has been a recent stink about a private company using this technology in the St Pancras station development. One of it's share holders is talking about withdrawing it's capital because of the sinister nature of such.

Amazon are already fitting FR cameras in their high st outlets to monitor customer behavior, repeat visit frequencies et al

Sometimes, it is better to not do something just because you can.

I am not a fan of all this personal data gathering. Adolf Hitler loved gathering large amounts of data on the populations of his newly conquered countries and this did not bode well for the Jews.

Whilstever we have a benign Govt, people will say "What is wrong with facebook, twitter, whatsapp etc.

I say, learn from the lessons of the past, and do not take the future for granted.

Now Alexa - b***** off.
Children
No Data