This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

LED Tubes

I have two 36W 1.2m Fluorescent tubes (with starters) lighting my workshop. After 8 years plus I feel that the light output is droping (It could also be my eyes getting older). I would like to replace them with LED tubes so I went to a local store for a look. They offered normal fluorescent tubes with a claimed light output of 3000ish Lumens and LED tubes with a claimed output of 1500ish Lumens. Are the LED tubes really that much dimmer or is it a measurement thing where the normal tubes are omnidirectional and the LED tubes only shine in one direction?

Can anyone recomend particular brands or systems for replacement tubes or would I be better off replacing the complete fittings? Anything else I should know?

Best regards

Roger
Parents
  • I took a look - that's quite an impressive range, Peter! I note that the LUX range of LED plug-in replacement tubes can match the lumen output of the tubes they replace.
  • I took a look - that's quite an impressive range, Peter! I note that the LUX range of LED plug-in replacement tubes can match the lumen output of the tubes they replace.
Children
No Data