This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

POWER FAILURE IN EAST ANGLIA

What happened?   Why did the grid cascade trip and not isolate the immediate network?  Natgrid is NOT responsible for failure of British rail or hospital emergency supplies and MUST NOT fiddle the protection around trying to keep key areas/cities railways on!! 

Just shed the immediate area in this case Norfolk and Suffolk.  We do not need an expensive legal inquiry or someone to blame;  just reset the protection and shed the nearest area to the fault.  Sorry for the RANT.
Parents
  • One often hears about Switzerland and its marvellous railway system and how it runs so punctually, in spite of the many types of snow they have there. I wonder what contingencies that country has for dealing with power failure. Should we be talking to them?

I understand that the new trains currently running on Great Western are hybrid diesel electric, while electrification progresses towards the west. Should these trains stay that way?
  • One often hears about Switzerland and its marvellous railway system and how it runs so punctually, in spite of the many types of snow they have there. I wonder what contingencies that country has for dealing with power failure. Should we be talking to them?

I understand that the new trains currently running on Great Western are hybrid diesel electric, while electrification progresses towards the west. Should these trains stay that way?
Children
No Data