This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

POWER FAILURE IN EAST ANGLIA

What happened?   Why did the grid cascade trip and not isolate the immediate network?  Natgrid is NOT responsible for failure of British rail or hospital emergency supplies and MUST NOT fiddle the protection around trying to keep key areas/cities railways on!! 

Just shed the immediate area in this case Norfolk and Suffolk.  We do not need an expensive legal inquiry or someone to blame;  just reset the protection and shed the nearest area to the fault.  Sorry for the RANT.
Parents
  • Yes, Alasdair; it is a common problem with our new hi-tech world.  In fact I have the same problem with my car.  A light is on saying the airbag is not functioning??  But how does the driver reset the alarm?? 

Siemens may have included a lockout alarm/relay which was not self resetting when the power was restored; If the relay is not in the drivers cab then what to do?? Easy answer is start the standby hybrid diesel/electric unit and off we go.
  • Yes, Alasdair; it is a common problem with our new hi-tech world.  In fact I have the same problem with my car.  A light is on saying the airbag is not functioning??  But how does the driver reset the alarm?? 

Siemens may have included a lockout alarm/relay which was not self resetting when the power was restored; If the relay is not in the drivers cab then what to do?? Easy answer is start the standby hybrid diesel/electric unit and off we go.
Children
No Data