This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Providing local network event options for selection by attendees when registering

I am interested in hearing from anyone who has thoughts or experience about providing local network event options for selection by attendees when they register.  The specific 'use case' in mind is making menu choices when registering to attend a local network dinner.
Parents
  • Hi Alasdair, thank you for responding.

The 'use case' in mind is registering to attend a local network dinner and making menu choices.

Interesting to read your comment on the difficulty getting volunteers to present/organise events.  I see you are associated with the Surrey LN.  (Despite living in Spain since the start of the year) I currently chair the nearby Solent network and I recognise what you write.  My own instinct is that we pay too little attention to the 'networking' side of what a LNs exist to do, thereby making it hard to generate / nurture / sustain volunteering interest.  I'd be interested in any thoughts you have on the subject.

Regards, Ian
  • Hi Alasdair, thank you for responding.

The 'use case' in mind is registering to attend a local network dinner and making menu choices.

Interesting to read your comment on the difficulty getting volunteers to present/organise events.  I see you are associated with the Surrey LN.  (Despite living in Spain since the start of the year) I currently chair the nearby Solent network and I recognise what you write.  My own instinct is that we pay too little attention to the 'networking' side of what a LNs exist to do, thereby making it hard to generate / nurture / sustain volunteering interest.  I'd be interested in any thoughts you have on the subject.

Regards, Ian
Children
No Data