This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Let the replies begin....When is an electrical engineer not an engineer?

This is an interesting story on the term registered professional engineer and how it is interpreted.
Parents
  • Hi Roy, 

All absolutely true - I just get very frustrated with the attitude (both outside and, bizarrely to my mind, inside engineering) that engineers aren't supposed to do anything imaginative or creative.

I get particularly cross when people suggest that engineers involved in safety work shouldn't innovate - safety will only improve (or, indeed, stay the same in a changing world) if they are not just allowed but actually encouraged to innovate!

Cheers,

Andy

• Hi Roy, 

All absolutely true - I just get very frustrated with the attitude (both outside and, bizarrely to my mind, inside engineering) that engineers aren't supposed to do anything imaginative or creative.

I get particularly cross when people suggest that engineers involved in safety work shouldn't innovate - safety will only improve (or, indeed, stay the same in a changing world) if they are not just allowed but actually encouraged to innovate!

Cheers,

Andy

Children
No Data