This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Let the replies begin....When is an electrical engineer not an engineer?

This is an interesting story on the term registered professional engineer and how it is interpreted.
Parents
  • Don’t be cross for Christmas Andy!?

There was a pretty “hot” debate in one these threads recently, which involved different people including Electricians and Chartered Engineers discussing the risks in practice, interpretation of the regulations and certification, some science and calculations, some experience, some health and safety with a human factors angle etc.  

By coincidence on Wednesday I was in contact with a former colleague, who managed a job where some minor carelessness by two craftsmen on a job worth perhaps a few thousand pounds cost £20 Million plus to put right. In this case sparks from hot work, burning down a historic building, because they "shot off" for tea break instead of monitoring their workplace to check for any smouldering embers.  That led to a “hot” debate as well, only in the highest court.
    ?

Best wishes all and a happy New Year! – probably made happier for some, as I intend to be far less prominent in this space due to a change of circumstances?

• Don’t be cross for Christmas Andy!?

There was a pretty “hot” debate in one these threads recently, which involved different people including Electricians and Chartered Engineers discussing the risks in practice, interpretation of the regulations and certification, some science and calculations, some experience, some health and safety with a human factors angle etc.  

By coincidence on Wednesday I was in contact with a former colleague, who managed a job where some minor carelessness by two craftsmen on a job worth perhaps a few thousand pounds cost £20 Million plus to put right. In this case sparks from hot work, burning down a historic building, because they "shot off" for tea break instead of monitoring their workplace to check for any smouldering embers.  That led to a “hot” debate as well, only in the highest court.
    ?

Best wishes all and a happy New Year! – probably made happier for some, as I intend to be far less prominent in this space due to a change of circumstances?

Children
No Data