This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Transfering from EngTech to IEng (With a BEng)

In need of some advice...

Following my placement year a university I successfully attained EngTech. I am now in full time engineering role following my graduation with a first class BEng degree.

It's my aspiration to move onto IEng "Naturally" as quoted from https://www.theiet.org/career/professional-registration/transferring-to-ceng-or-ieng/.

Is IEng something that I can apply for in the short term (Next 6 months), or is this something that I should be aiming for within the next couple of years.

P.s. Placement was a Quality Engineering role, I currently work in a graduate scheme so my current role changes every 4 months covering everything from Design, project management, commercial, etc...
Parents
  • You've reminded me why the IET is so good!

I've now got myself a PRA and have created a spreadsheet to ensure I'm on track to hit the UK-Spec competencies. I have a meeting with my scheme manager to ensure that the placements that undertake are suitable to hit these competencies without forcing myself into a managers role/waste management role unnecessarily ;)

Equally, I've decided to enrol onto a Monitored Professional Development Scheme that my company offers as accredited by the IMechE (Company pays membership of all Engineering Institutions). I will then use this additional support scheme (Quarterly reports) to build up my skill set and apply to the IET once I'm confident I've met each metric.

Thanks everyone for the brilliant advice!
  • You've reminded me why the IET is so good!

I've now got myself a PRA and have created a spreadsheet to ensure I'm on track to hit the UK-Spec competencies. I have a meeting with my scheme manager to ensure that the placements that undertake are suitable to hit these competencies without forcing myself into a managers role/waste management role unnecessarily ;)

Equally, I've decided to enrol onto a Monitored Professional Development Scheme that my company offers as accredited by the IMechE (Company pays membership of all Engineering Institutions). I will then use this additional support scheme (Quarterly reports) to build up my skill set and apply to the IET once I'm confident I've met each metric.

Thanks everyone for the brilliant advice!
Children
No Data