This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Fondue Pots (Caquelon) and Induction Hobs

Winter is coming and it's fondue time ? As mentioned elsewhere on here we had the kitchen rebuilt earlier this year and now have an induction hob. My existing ceramic pots obviously won't work. There are ones available that will work on induction hobs but they are not cheap. ? If I put a suitable steel disc between the pot and the hob would it work or would I damage the hob? I guess the pots suitable for induction hobs have iron fillings or similar in the clay mix.

Best regards

Roger
Parents
  • It's Käse Fondue (we are the other side of the Röstigraben). I normally prepare the fondue on the kitchen hob and then move it to the spirit burner on the table for eating. It heats up and melts somewhat quicker with a kw or so of electric heating than with a small flame just designed to keep it hot.
  • It's Käse Fondue (we are the other side of the Röstigraben). I normally prepare the fondue on the kitchen hob and then move it to the spirit burner on the table for eating. It heats up and melts somewhat quicker with a kw or so of electric heating than with a small flame just designed to keep it hot.
Children
No Data