This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

STEM Toys for Christmas!

On my lunchtime outing from the office and into Stevenage town centre I popped into one of the shops looking for ideas for Christmas presents for my nieces (both 4 now) and I found this 'Build your own Den' kit! ?

af2927f5e4ea615a976757cd29d7ea9b-huge-toys-for-christmas.jpg

Love the idea of getting them to build their own little houses/towers/castles/shops all while learning how things are constructed and all about the laws of physics and structural integrity etc!  The only pity is that it's kind of gender stereotyped by having just a young boy depicted on the packaging which means that both my nieces will complain that it's a 'boys toy' and 'not for girls' ... ?

So why didn't they think to picture both a boy and a girl on the packaging?  Or maybe they do a 'pink' girls version separately... ?

If you have any other ideas for STEM themed toys to entertain a couple of four year old's over the Holiday season then I'd love to hear them!
Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member

Lisa Miles:

Andy Millar:

....Actually she'd probably still enjoy it now at 24 ?

Trust me Andy... It's not just my niece who'll be having fun with this present... ???

Always good training for XR Events, I'd have thought ? 

OMS

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member

Lisa Miles:

Andy Millar:

....Actually she'd probably still enjoy it now at 24 ?

Trust me Andy... It's not just my niece who'll be having fun with this present... ???

Always good training for XR Events, I'd have thought ? 

OMS

Children
No Data