This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

What is really a Scientist and how one becomes a such highly prized person? Is it the following route a valid one to become a worthy scientist?

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
Premise: As far as I I know the term " Scientist" in not protected by law all over the world ( it is like " Engineer" in UK) so it my be used by anyone independently by his/her education level and orientation.
https://www.the-ies.org/joining
Parents
  • Good evening Simon Barker, 

why do you think so ?  

There are universities or colleges that teach the engineering professions and have some recognition from a qualified body, so the student attending a university or college must demonstrate some engineering ability and work experience.  

I believe that anyone with an engineering degree can demonstrate one ability or another and I believe it (of course you must have the same student background in some way to demonstrate ability).
  • Good evening Simon Barker, 

why do you think so ?  

There are universities or colleges that teach the engineering professions and have some recognition from a qualified body, so the student attending a university or college must demonstrate some engineering ability and work experience.  

I believe that anyone with an engineering degree can demonstrate one ability or another and I believe it (of course you must have the same student background in some way to demonstrate ability).
Children
No Data