This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

What is really a Scientist and how one becomes a such highly prized person? Is it the following route a valid one to become a worthy scientist?

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
Premise: As far as I I know the term " Scientist" in not protected by law all over the world ( it is like " Engineer" in UK) so it my be used by anyone independently by his/her education level and orientation.
https://www.the-ies.org/joining
Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Mr Benyamin Davod,

I think I will expand on this issue as I think we see things differently about examples in this forum. I think also you clearly misunderstood my comment. 

Hiring managers have a genuine concern when hiring professionals. More than that there is a good reason why multiple people interview candidates and the consensus is sought when hiring decisions are made.

Be it damage to equipment or demage to a valuable customer whos contract canbe lost or public safety concerns for buildings, bridges due to the actions of a professional so there are a high responsibility and accountability and risk at stake.

This is a very serious issue and why in some countries a Licensure is required in order to increase the safety of the public. 

A manager who hired the engineer who caused the damage was for a very long time in trouble, this was my manager as well and I know how our team was affected. 

As result hiring procedures were modified as well.

"To receive CEng assessment, an engineer must have physical and creative values ​​and of course experience in a specific field", I agree I would add it needs to be assessed as matching UK SPEC.

So going back to the topic the chartered professional while not immune from mistakes comes with additional accreditation and peer-reviewed designation that shows that a level of the standard was achieved.

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Mr Benyamin Davod,

I think I will expand on this issue as I think we see things differently about examples in this forum. I think also you clearly misunderstood my comment. 

Hiring managers have a genuine concern when hiring professionals. More than that there is a good reason why multiple people interview candidates and the consensus is sought when hiring decisions are made.

Be it damage to equipment or demage to a valuable customer whos contract canbe lost or public safety concerns for buildings, bridges due to the actions of a professional so there are a high responsibility and accountability and risk at stake.

This is a very serious issue and why in some countries a Licensure is required in order to increase the safety of the public. 

A manager who hired the engineer who caused the damage was for a very long time in trouble, this was my manager as well and I know how our team was affected. 

As result hiring procedures were modified as well.

"To receive CEng assessment, an engineer must have physical and creative values ​​and of course experience in a specific field", I agree I would add it needs to be assessed as matching UK SPEC.

So going back to the topic the chartered professional while not immune from mistakes comes with additional accreditation and peer-reviewed designation that shows that a level of the standard was achieved.

Children
No Data