This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

HOW IPRA/PRA is recorded / recognized

IPRAs and PRAs are supporting candidates every time, there is place to enter PRA details in the application form.

Is IET keep record of IPRA/PRAs, who supported for how many candidate and when?

In my view, this is one of the record IET need to maintain and recognize PRAs around the world, usually once we support candidate and review, after that there is no communication in relation that application. We prefer to have that communicated

Parents
  • I understand that if you are using the on-line application process, there is a place to name the PRA/IPRA and to give any summary comments they may have made. There may be versions of the application form out there which don’t have that space, or people may have overlooked it in “career manager”.  I wouldn’t disagree with Graham’s perspective and there is room for improvement in this area. Nevertheless, when we take into account that advisors are volunteers, their collective contribution is impressive.     

I would observe that for “straightforward” applications, where the member has strong evidence from qualifications and career achievement, some basic fundamental advice about presentation is usually sufficient.  However, there are many situations, where enhanced expertise of the process can really make a difference. The IET is very broad in scope, so advisors may often find themselves trying to empathise with activities outside their direct personal experience.  Because the IET places strong emphasis on competence, UK-SPEC has to be interpreted in a wide variety of different circumstances by expert assessors. Therefore, an Advisor with good experience of assessing in the relevant type of work, should understand better some of the subtleties and nuances of current assessment practice.  This does like engineering itself, evolve with time, although certain fundamentals like explaining your personal achievements clearly and succinctly don’t really change.                

• I understand that if you are using the on-line application process, there is a place to name the PRA/IPRA and to give any summary comments they may have made. There may be versions of the application form out there which don’t have that space, or people may have overlooked it in “career manager”.  I wouldn’t disagree with Graham’s perspective and there is room for improvement in this area. Nevertheless, when we take into account that advisors are volunteers, their collective contribution is impressive.     

I would observe that for “straightforward” applications, where the member has strong evidence from qualifications and career achievement, some basic fundamental advice about presentation is usually sufficient.  However, there are many situations, where enhanced expertise of the process can really make a difference. The IET is very broad in scope, so advisors may often find themselves trying to empathise with activities outside their direct personal experience.  Because the IET places strong emphasis on competence, UK-SPEC has to be interpreted in a wide variety of different circumstances by expert assessors. Therefore, an Advisor with good experience of assessing in the relevant type of work, should understand better some of the subtleties and nuances of current assessment practice.  This does like engineering itself, evolve with time, although certain fundamentals like explaining your personal achievements clearly and succinctly don’t really change.                

Children
No Data