This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

HOW IPRA/PRA is recorded / recognized

IPRAs and PRAs are supporting candidates every time, there is place to enter PRA details in the application form.

Is IET keep record of IPRA/PRAs, who supported for how many candidate and when?

In my view, this is one of the record IET need to maintain and recognize PRAs around the world, usually once we support candidate and review, after that there is no communication in relation that application. We prefer to have that communicated

Parents

• unless a PRA does occasional assessments or interviews they cannot really grasp what it is the EC are looking for to the same depth

Graham's observation is interesting in relation to maintaining familiarity, competence and relevance to the process.  I wanted to be able to contribute to professional development and registration of engineers.  My personal professional journey is relevant but to summarise my IET professional registration activities, I started as an assessor.  This experience has provided me with the opportunity to see a considerable number of applications across numerous sectors.  I also learnt a lot.  The knowledge and experience has helped me to offer guidance and support to candidates.  I have completed mentor training and subsequently trained as a PRA.  I have participated in all stages of the process apart from interviews.  Observing some interviews is something that I want to undertake and I continue to reflect whether I should consider applying to volunteer for PRI.  This returns to my initial observation - I think I maintain broad relevance - not subject matter expertise.  Supporting lifetime professional development is a particular passion and having been accepted, I'm looking forward to EngTech assessor training - a return to my roots, where I think there is now better recognition and support.

• unless a PRA does occasional assessments or interviews they cannot really grasp what it is the EC are looking for to the same depth

Graham's observation is interesting in relation to maintaining familiarity, competence and relevance to the process.  I wanted to be able to contribute to professional development and registration of engineers.  My personal professional journey is relevant but to summarise my IET professional registration activities, I started as an assessor.  This experience has provided me with the opportunity to see a considerable number of applications across numerous sectors.  I also learnt a lot.  The knowledge and experience has helped me to offer guidance and support to candidates.  I have completed mentor training and subsequently trained as a PRA.  I have participated in all stages of the process apart from interviews.  Observing some interviews is something that I want to undertake and I continue to reflect whether I should consider applying to volunteer for PRI.  This returns to my initial observation - I think I maintain broad relevance - not subject matter expertise.  Supporting lifetime professional development is a particular passion and having been accepted, I'm looking forward to EngTech assessor training - a return to my roots, where I think there is now better recognition and support.

Children
No Data