This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Windows 7 Support Ending. Security Risks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-51090407

Z.
Parents
  • This has been signalled for a long time, but typically, now that there is only a day of support left  people are taking it seriously.

I understand that as long as you have an official copy of Windows 7 and you have the product key you can still upgrade to 10 free today (and may be tomorrow) by downloading it from Microsoft.  If you really don't like W10, I have heard of someone who has upgraded to W10 and runs W7 as a virtual machine within the W10 ring-fence.

David
  • This has been signalled for a long time, but typically, now that there is only a day of support left  people are taking it seriously.

I understand that as long as you have an official copy of Windows 7 and you have the product key you can still upgrade to 10 free today (and may be tomorrow) by downloading it from Microsoft.  If you really don't like W10, I have heard of someone who has upgraded to W10 and runs W7 as a virtual machine within the W10 ring-fence.

David
Children
No Data