This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Windows 7 Support Ending. Security Risks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-51090407

Z.
Parents
  • How does he do that?

I have Win7 Pro 64bit, my wife Win10 64bit.  I know that if I go to Win10, then I will likely loose my colour laser printer, my scanner (which I had to buy because my previous WinXP scanner had no available Win7 drivers) my Software Defined Radio (a SDR-IQ) and an aircraft ADS-B receiver, plus I still have not found my way round my wife's Win10 pc, so if I fiddle with it I cannot always get it back to where it was.

And there was me thinking that all those other versions of DOS were better than DOS 5.0...  And that was a quantum leap from DR-DOS for me.

For what it is worth, from another forum some time back when WinXP was coming to an end, it was suggested that there was a version of WinXP for non-pc use ie cash-machines which were not subject to the pc users seemed to have when WinXP support ended, such as slow down.  Will be interesting if my pc goes slow later this week....  

From one who used paper tape,

Clive

• How does he do that?

I have Win7 Pro 64bit, my wife Win10 64bit.  I know that if I go to Win10, then I will likely loose my colour laser printer, my scanner (which I had to buy because my previous WinXP scanner had no available Win7 drivers) my Software Defined Radio (a SDR-IQ) and an aircraft ADS-B receiver, plus I still have not found my way round my wife's Win10 pc, so if I fiddle with it I cannot always get it back to where it was.

And there was me thinking that all those other versions of DOS were better than DOS 5.0...  And that was a quantum leap from DR-DOS for me.

For what it is worth, from another forum some time back when WinXP was coming to an end, it was suggested that there was a version of WinXP for non-pc use ie cash-machines which were not subject to the pc users seemed to have when WinXP support ended, such as slow down.  Will be interesting if my pc goes slow later this week....  

From one who used paper tape,

Clive

Children
No Data