This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

ELECTRIC CHARGING POINTS ON MOTORWAYS

If we allow fully electric vehicles on our motorways then for sure some of them are going to fail going up a steep hill.  Should the highways agency be planning to install charging points at the bottom of all hills do you think??
Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Managing your Low Carbon Vehicle (LCV) 'fuel' in an Electric Vehicle (electrons), Fuel Cell EV or Hydrogen vehicle (H2 and electrons) is no different to managing your LPG, petrol or diesel in vehicles today. Perhaps use the very convenient 'fuel status' indicator, or 'remaining miles to refuel' facility, in the instrument panel to inform when to refuel, take notice of that flashing 'low on fuel' light and buzzer, and use common sense so you don't let your 'tank run dry' - my general rule of thumb, refuel at next opportunity just before tank goes below 1/4 full. Alternatively, like I had on an old motorbike, design LCVs to have a reserve 'fuel' tank that can be switched in manually to get you 20-30 miles to next refill station if you can't manage your primary fuel storage on board.

The emergency services are now evolving to provide 'electron jerry cans' (battery boost/charge) and 'H2 jerry cans' (H2 boost/charge) to help those stranded in their LCVs on the road side to get to the next refill station.
    https://www.whatcar.com/news/how-car-breakdown-services-are-changing/n19952  

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Managing your Low Carbon Vehicle (LCV) 'fuel' in an Electric Vehicle (electrons), Fuel Cell EV or Hydrogen vehicle (H2 and electrons) is no different to managing your LPG, petrol or diesel in vehicles today. Perhaps use the very convenient 'fuel status' indicator, or 'remaining miles to refuel' facility, in the instrument panel to inform when to refuel, take notice of that flashing 'low on fuel' light and buzzer, and use common sense so you don't let your 'tank run dry' - my general rule of thumb, refuel at next opportunity just before tank goes below 1/4 full. Alternatively, like I had on an old motorbike, design LCVs to have a reserve 'fuel' tank that can be switched in manually to get you 20-30 miles to next refill station if you can't manage your primary fuel storage on board.

The emergency services are now evolving to provide 'electron jerry cans' (battery boost/charge) and 'H2 jerry cans' (H2 boost/charge) to help those stranded in their LCVs on the road side to get to the next refill station.
    https://www.whatcar.com/news/how-car-breakdown-services-are-changing/n19952  

Children
No Data