This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Cold weather performance of air sourced heat pumps

Any heat pump experts on here? I’m looking at air sourced heat pump performance for a friend’s installation. They have NIBE F2040’s for the house, and Waterco Ultra 31’s for pool. Both use same R410A refrigerant, but that seem to be perhaps the only thing in common. NIBE (made in Sweden) twin rotary variable speed compressors are inverter controlled as standard (I guess vector or torque type drives), whilst the Waterco units are direct on line, capacitor start induction motors (I thought that technology went out long ago), with no soft start options.
 I’m interested in COP performance in the colder weather, the Ultra 31’s are specified as generally for use in ambient greater than 10 degrees C, although they do rate this particular model down to zero, BUT do not provide COP performance below 5 ambient, but enquiries suggest a COP of around 1 (perhaps even lower, ie, less power out than in!). The NIBE manufactures claim very much better, performance down to at least -25 ambient, with COP of around 2 even at this low temperature (is that even possible?).
Anyway, any thoughts on the subject, much appreciated.

Parents
  • Not in the UK winter climate Benyamin, where ambient temperatures drop way down near, or below, zero in the winter months, I guess you live in a warm climate, or have been talking to a good heat pump salesman!
  • Not in the UK winter climate Benyamin, where ambient temperatures drop way down near, or below, zero in the winter months, I guess you live in a warm climate, or have been talking to a good heat pump salesman!
Children
No Data