This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Designing a Faraday cage

I know this isn't a wiring regs question but does anyone know how to undertake the design calculations for a faraday cage to  Min Spec >80dB attenuation 20kHz – 200MHz

This is for a rooms that’s 3 x .3.6 m  

Thanks 

Matt
Parents
  • ISO containers are a bit smaller than that  - more like 2.5m by 2.5 by 6, rather less inside, and at least one I am  'aware of'  ended up with big  holes cut to put things in and then being welded up and repainted  afterwards, due to a "£$"%% up, (or a  dimensional miscalculation in the language of the final report) with the relationship of  size of the equipment to the door aperture.

They do need a bit of rework to make them into decent screened boxes, but are a jolly solid starting point in terms of rigidity, and ease of planting them on-site..
  • ISO containers are a bit smaller than that  - more like 2.5m by 2.5 by 6, rather less inside, and at least one I am  'aware of'  ended up with big  holes cut to put things in and then being welded up and repainted  afterwards, due to a "£$"%% up, (or a  dimensional miscalculation in the language of the final report) with the relationship of  size of the equipment to the door aperture.

They do need a bit of rework to make them into decent screened boxes, but are a jolly solid starting point in terms of rigidity, and ease of planting them on-site..
Children
No Data