This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Employment History Technical detail for IPD

Hello All

I am currently filling out the IPD section for my CEng and I am trying to determine how much detail is required for the employment history of each employer

For the IPD, do I put in a brief description of my roles and responsibilities for each employer and save the more detailed description for the main application?

For example would it be sufficient to write "I carried out design work involving FPGAs"  for a particular employer or do I need to write a lot more such as:
  • What the FPGAs was used for

• How I implemented them

• Why I implemented them in that way

I understand that the IPD will be assessed by IET assessors that might not have the technical knowledge to understand the intricacies of FPGA implementation, but the main application will be looked at by someone with more technical knowledge.

Therefore would it be best to save the technical description for main application? 

Many thanks
Parents
  • The descriptions in your application will be carried through from your IPD, so rather than completing it twice it may be easier to complete the more detail first on previous employments.  We may not understand the more technical detail, but the IPD team will use the information to provide support.  Of course if you wish to submit your Intent to Register "as is" we will still process it, so it really is up to you.
  • The descriptions in your application will be carried through from your IPD, so rather than completing it twice it may be easier to complete the more detail first on previous employments.  We may not understand the more technical detail, but the IPD team will use the information to provide support.  Of course if you wish to submit your Intent to Register "as is" we will still process it, so it really is up to you.
Children
No Data