This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Everyone's journey is different, small goals make up the larger ones!

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
I saw this on LinkedIn

I think of this great achievement that can inspire engineers.

David Gillespie CEng MIET SMIEEE

Dropped out of school at 15 to join the Army. Got a trade, then a job, then started taking my hashtag#professionaldevelopment seriously and joined the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), started at the beginning. Lived the Engineering Council spec, saw the education and development gaps. Worked up from an open degree with The Open University to my current industrial PhD with University of Strathclyde. Everyone's journey is different, small goals make up the larger ones. Find a team that will lift you up and the sky is the limit.
No alternative text description for this image
Parents
  • Very interesting Moshe/Roy.

I am 59 (just!) and after consulting with a PRA, I am aiming to apply for I Eng in about a year. The job I am now doing is only the second one that is 'off tools' having started as a sixteen year old apprentice. No degree, C&G FTC highest qual.

My attitude is you never know!

As Churchill put it 'keep on buggering on'

Regards

Colin
  • Very interesting Moshe/Roy.

I am 59 (just!) and after consulting with a PRA, I am aiming to apply for I Eng in about a year. The job I am now doing is only the second one that is 'off tools' having started as a sixteen year old apprentice. No degree, C&G FTC highest qual.

My attitude is you never know!

As Churchill put it 'keep on buggering on'

Regards

Colin
Children
No Data