This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

New £1.2bn supercomputer for Met Office as UK floods.

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
The Met Office is set to get a new £1.2bn supercomputer that it says will help the UK to better prepare for extreme weather events like the current flooding caused by Storm Dennis.
Data from this new supercomputer – which is expected to be the world’s most advanced dedicated solely to weather and climate – will be used to help more accurately predict storms, as well as identify the best locations for flood defenses and predict changes to the global climate. 
https://www.theengineer.co.uk/supercomputer-met-office-uk-floods/
Parents
  • In answer to the frustrations that the flood people are experiencing, the 'I' reported today that 250,000 houses were built from 2002 to 2014 on what was flood plains.

Whether one believes the 'I' is another matter as it hasn't been reported elsewhere.

Legh
  • In answer to the frustrations that the flood people are experiencing, the 'I' reported today that 250,000 houses were built from 2002 to 2014 on what was flood plains.

Whether one believes the 'I' is another matter as it hasn't been reported elsewhere.

Legh
Children
No Data