This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Why has discussion on the alleged "Climate Emergency" been shut down?

I want to know why, and who shut down the most viewed topic in the Club forum. Its Engineering content is obvious, and very large indeed. The answer to the problem is supposedly Electricity, and yet we cannot discuss it!
Parents
  • Regarding the reason given for this discussion thread being LOCKED this morning at 10:22 on 2nd March by Lisa as below (reply #101):

Posted by Lisa Miles on Mar 2, 2020 10:22 am

Hi All

We're now locking this topic as it feels there is nothing new or of value to engineering being added to this discussion.

Lisa

Lisa Miles - Online Community Manager, Engineering Communities

- for the reason of having 'nothing new or of value to engineering' approximately 5 months since the topic was raised by Roger Bryant on 3rd October 2019 - I am sorry, but I thought the 'Savoy Place Virtual Club' Forum was specifically created for exactly such 'fun and  general discussions', set apart from the purely technical concentrations of the other forums here on the IET website. Is there an undisclosed general policy to LOCK any discussion thread after either 5 months or 100 replies - Lisa ?  Please let us know what the rules are and we will respond accordingly !
  • Regarding the reason given for this discussion thread being LOCKED this morning at 10:22 on 2nd March by Lisa as below (reply #101):

Posted by Lisa Miles on Mar 2, 2020 10:22 am

Hi All

We're now locking this topic as it feels there is nothing new or of value to engineering being added to this discussion.

Lisa

Lisa Miles - Online Community Manager, Engineering Communities

- for the reason of having 'nothing new or of value to engineering' approximately 5 months since the topic was raised by Roger Bryant on 3rd October 2019 - I am sorry, but I thought the 'Savoy Place Virtual Club' Forum was specifically created for exactly such 'fun and  general discussions', set apart from the purely technical concentrations of the other forums here on the IET website. Is there an undisclosed general policy to LOCK any discussion thread after either 5 months or 100 replies - Lisa ?  Please let us know what the rules are and we will respond accordingly !
Children
No Data