This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Why has discussion on the alleged "Climate Emergency" been shut down?

I want to know why, and who shut down the most viewed topic in the Club forum. Its Engineering content is obvious, and very large indeed. The answer to the problem is supposedly Electricity, and yet we cannot discuss it!
Parents
  • OMS "what we first need is an energy debate to decide what is it that society actually needs"

OMS, I couldn't agree more with your statement. A fundamental aspect of project delivery is to frame a project accurately, and set out the boundary conditions and the required outcomes. 

As a framing statement I believe "energy and electricity supply should be reliable, universally available on demand, and affordable to the whole population".

Current framing is focused on the requirement that "energy must to be zero carbon by 2050". This aim puts at risk and makes subservient the societal, humanitarian and economic impact of the goal. This is evident in the Cambridge University  Absolute Zero Report for the government, which clearly paid no heed as to how the proposals would impact the country, proposed rationing of electricity and more or less said 'suck it up' to the population. A very technocrat solution. 

The discussion needs to start with appropriate framing of the desired goal. 

Ernest
  • OMS "what we first need is an energy debate to decide what is it that society actually needs"

OMS, I couldn't agree more with your statement. A fundamental aspect of project delivery is to frame a project accurately, and set out the boundary conditions and the required outcomes. 

As a framing statement I believe "energy and electricity supply should be reliable, universally available on demand, and affordable to the whole population".

Current framing is focused on the requirement that "energy must to be zero carbon by 2050". This aim puts at risk and makes subservient the societal, humanitarian and economic impact of the goal. This is evident in the Cambridge University  Absolute Zero Report for the government, which clearly paid no heed as to how the proposals would impact the country, proposed rationing of electricity and more or less said 'suck it up' to the population. A very technocrat solution. 

The discussion needs to start with appropriate framing of the desired goal. 

Ernest
Children
No Data