This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Why has discussion on the alleged "Climate Emergency" been shut down?

I want to know why, and who shut down the most viewed topic in the Club forum. Its Engineering content is obvious, and very large indeed. The answer to the problem is supposedly Electricity, and yet we cannot discuss it!
Parents
  • Agree - I would start from the position that there needs to be an energy supply excess in terms of generating capacity - something like 3 x the actual forecast requirements for a bit of overhead.

To cater, I'd plump for a full energy mix in terms of the primary heat source for generation. Coal/Oil/Gas/Wood pellet/wind/solar.

I'd preferably go for a full carbon/fossil fuel model in the same way as the Germans/Indian/Chinese have, but with Clean Coal Tech (electrostatic scrubbers etc).

The tech is already well known and well proven.

Then, I'd build some nuclear power plants.

Finally, I'd get the Welsh to stop singing in the valleys and get some coal dug up instead!

There - problem solved!
  • Agree - I would start from the position that there needs to be an energy supply excess in terms of generating capacity - something like 3 x the actual forecast requirements for a bit of overhead.

To cater, I'd plump for a full energy mix in terms of the primary heat source for generation. Coal/Oil/Gas/Wood pellet/wind/solar.

I'd preferably go for a full carbon/fossil fuel model in the same way as the Germans/Indian/Chinese have, but with Clean Coal Tech (electrostatic scrubbers etc).

The tech is already well known and well proven.

Then, I'd build some nuclear power plants.

Finally, I'd get the Welsh to stop singing in the valleys and get some coal dug up instead!

There - problem solved!
Children
No Data