This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Coronavirus.

We have been advised not to go to pubs and restaurants, cinemas and other public places, to protect ourselves and others from the Coronavirus. Are we still able to work? Can we still obtain stock? Will we continue to visit workplaces like offices, shops or homes? Will we be provided  with fiscal support if we can not trade, especially if we are self employed?

University College London is predicting up to 250,000 potential fatalities from Coronavirus in the U.K.

How does the pandemic affect you?

Whaddaufink?

Z.

Parents
  • I would advise a little stockpiling of vital spares. Lamps and fuses and batteries  in particular. Shortages of cable and accesories may be less of a problem, if things get really bad there will probably be less new installation work and therefore less need for cable and accesories.

Existing installations will have to be kept in working order by replacing failed lamps, fuses, and batteries in alarm panels and in emergency lights.

In the near term, if rewiring existing premises, I would urge storing any serviceable cable and accesories that are removed from the old installation. Under most normal circumstances I would consider it poor practice to re-use second hand material, but in an emergency you or a customer might be very glad of serviceable used stocks.

I would even save used lamps of the more expensive or hard to obtain types.

If these items are not needed, it is simple enough to dispose of them in a year or two years time rather than now.

I would purchase spare hand tools, especialy the smaller items that are liable to wear or loss.

If you can do so safely, keep a reserve of fuel for your vehicle. Consider spare tyres, most are made in China and some are already in short supply. Vehicle bulbs also.
  • I would advise a little stockpiling of vital spares. Lamps and fuses and batteries  in particular. Shortages of cable and accesories may be less of a problem, if things get really bad there will probably be less new installation work and therefore less need for cable and accesories.

Existing installations will have to be kept in working order by replacing failed lamps, fuses, and batteries in alarm panels and in emergency lights.

In the near term, if rewiring existing premises, I would urge storing any serviceable cable and accesories that are removed from the old installation. Under most normal circumstances I would consider it poor practice to re-use second hand material, but in an emergency you or a customer might be very glad of serviceable used stocks.

I would even save used lamps of the more expensive or hard to obtain types.

If these items are not needed, it is simple enough to dispose of them in a year or two years time rather than now.

I would purchase spare hand tools, especialy the smaller items that are liable to wear or loss.

If you can do so safely, keep a reserve of fuel for your vehicle. Consider spare tyres, most are made in China and some are already in short supply. Vehicle bulbs also.
Children
No Data