This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Coronavirus.

We have been advised not to go to pubs and restaurants, cinemas and other public places, to protect ourselves and others from the Coronavirus. Are we still able to work? Can we still obtain stock? Will we continue to visit workplaces like offices, shops or homes? Will we be provided  with fiscal support if we can not trade, especially if we are self employed?

University College London is predicting up to 250,000 potential fatalities from Coronavirus in the U.K.

How does the pandemic affect you?

Whaddaufink?

Z.

Parents
  • My current view/hope is our NHS heroes will do there best and just about cope. Science and engineering will rise to the challenge and provide the NHS with whatever they need.

For ventilators read Spitfires for the Battle of Britain where industry rose to the challenge and components were made in garden workshops and small company workshops and assembled in car factories and flown to the airfields by civilians. When there were not enough pilots due to losses we copied the Germans and trained the newly formed Air Training Corps to fly gliders to feed in RAF for aircrew. 

I read on the internet today the first person in the USA to be given an injection of a CV vaccine as the start of a trial with more to follow. Appently trials to ensure the vaccine is effective and safe take about a year. Research is going on throughout the world and the boffins are sharing research information with surprisingly the Chinese providing the genetic sequence of the virus. 

With the co-ordinated power of all the medics, scientists and engineers from around the world I am sure this threat can be beaten. If the politicians and bean counters don't get in the way and follow the guidance of the great man, " give us the tools and we will finish the job" we will win the war!

• My current view/hope is our NHS heroes will do there best and just about cope. Science and engineering will rise to the challenge and provide the NHS with whatever they need.

For ventilators read Spitfires for the Battle of Britain where industry rose to the challenge and components were made in garden workshops and small company workshops and assembled in car factories and flown to the airfields by civilians. When there were not enough pilots due to losses we copied the Germans and trained the newly formed Air Training Corps to fly gliders to feed in RAF for aircrew. 

I read on the internet today the first person in the USA to be given an injection of a CV vaccine as the start of a trial with more to follow. Appently trials to ensure the vaccine is effective and safe take about a year. Research is going on throughout the world and the boffins are sharing research information with surprisingly the Chinese providing the genetic sequence of the virus. 

With the co-ordinated power of all the medics, scientists and engineers from around the world I am sure this threat can be beaten. If the politicians and bean counters don't get in the way and follow the guidance of the great man, " give us the tools and we will finish the job" we will win the war!

Children
No Data