This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

CORONA Virus. and why the PANIC Virus

SALUTE Cuba, they have allowed an infected ship to visit their island and keep their economy going.  This nonsense about a pandemic is a conspiracy from the insurance companies to avoid claims, and capitalist profit making organisation that rely on ignorance of most normal citizens.  The stats of Cuba infection rates will be critical in limiting more messing up by panicking   politicians, who are protecting themselves by saying their health systems don't have enough ventilators to meet the crisis.
Parents
  • Moshe,

I don't agree with your "Very high temperatures (>30°C) render the coronaviruses inactive" as the first location that is spread outside China was Singapore, which is practically on the equator and has a daytime temperature almost guaranteed to be above 30 every day of the year. It may make it harder to spread or even reduce its virulence (Singapore, despite being the most densely populated country in the world has only had 313 cases (as of today) but no deaths, though this may be as much due to their proactive contact tracing and excellent healthcare).

I do agree it is wrong to say it is a conspiracy. I also agree it is wrong to say it is not a pandemic as by any definition I have seen it fits what we see, and the WHO in calling it a pandemic are only stating what we all know. All we can do is wait and see what happens next and hope that as the weather gets warmer it slows the spread..
  • Moshe,

I don't agree with your "Very high temperatures (>30°C) render the coronaviruses inactive" as the first location that is spread outside China was Singapore, which is practically on the equator and has a daytime temperature almost guaranteed to be above 30 every day of the year. It may make it harder to spread or even reduce its virulence (Singapore, despite being the most densely populated country in the world has only had 313 cases (as of today) but no deaths, though this may be as much due to their proactive contact tracing and excellent healthcare).

I do agree it is wrong to say it is a conspiracy. I also agree it is wrong to say it is not a pandemic as by any definition I have seen it fits what we see, and the WHO in calling it a pandemic are only stating what we all know. All we can do is wait and see what happens next and hope that as the weather gets warmer it slows the spread..
Children
No Data