This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Covid - 19 Lighting Solutions

Hi all (In particular health care experienced engineers)

I am reading that many Lighting manufacturers are looking at the introduction of UV-C Type lighting maybe used for wheeling into rooms following Covid 19 exposure within an infected room. Once the infected person has left the room then the lights can be wheeled in and switched on from outside the room or via a timer and left in situ which in theory kills the virus. In theory like a fumigation process using Lighting. I know these type of lights can be dangerous and they cause temporary damage to the cornea if observed directly and UV-C is also a carcinogen for human skin. Obviously installed in a controlled environment with limited/no exposure time is the golden rule here using these lights which must have a safe purification wavelength. Does anyone have any guidance on this as personally i think it should come from Public Health ? 
Parents
  • Great information that thank you. I did suggest they take guidance from Public Health but not sure if the feedback from Public Health would be as in depth as your great response. I was asked for some guidance from someone to help them form a business continuity plan for helping towards getting people back in to schools and public buildings in our organisation.
  • Great information that thank you. I did suggest they take guidance from Public Health but not sure if the feedback from Public Health would be as in depth as your great response. I was asked for some guidance from someone to help them form a business continuity plan for helping towards getting people back in to schools and public buildings in our organisation.
Children
No Data