This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Green Electricity.

Have you any thoughts on Micheal Moore's new film Planet of the Humans?

Z.
Parents
  • Here is George Monbiot bleating about the film:
    https://www.monbiot.com/2020/05/11/michael-and-me/

Typically he avoids the difficult points and classes biomass as a renewable when it makes his figures look better:

"Well, in the third quarter of 2019, renewables in the UK generated more electricity than coal, oil and gas plants put together"

But then speaks out against biofuels:

"Some of us have been speaking out against them ever since they became a serious proposition (since 2004 in my case). Almost every environmental leader I know opposes the burning of fresh materials to generate power."

The only possibly interesting bit is unfortunately behind a paywall Frowning2

"On average, a solar panel generates 26 units of solar energy for every unit of fossil energy required to build and install it. For wind turbines the ratio is 44 to 1."

I would like to see the assumptions they have used, especialy for solar PV.

Best regards

Roger
  • Here is George Monbiot bleating about the film:
    https://www.monbiot.com/2020/05/11/michael-and-me/

Typically he avoids the difficult points and classes biomass as a renewable when it makes his figures look better:

"Well, in the third quarter of 2019, renewables in the UK generated more electricity than coal, oil and gas plants put together"

But then speaks out against biofuels:

"Some of us have been speaking out against them ever since they became a serious proposition (since 2004 in my case). Almost every environmental leader I know opposes the burning of fresh materials to generate power."

The only possibly interesting bit is unfortunately behind a paywall Frowning2

"On average, a solar panel generates 26 units of solar energy for every unit of fossil energy required to build and install it. For wind turbines the ratio is 44 to 1."

I would like to see the assumptions they have used, especialy for solar PV.

Best regards

Roger
Children
No Data