This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Covid-19: Meeting the challenges through Engineering

I was president of the IET for 2016-17, and have been asked by government to gather practical and innovative ideas from our Engineering communities. So, please enter any ideas you might have in this thread that might help address and mitigate the Covid-19 crisis. Ideas might include digital tracking / monitoring through therapy equipment and beyond. Even ideas outside your usual expertise domain will be welcome. Now’s the time for Engineering to show we can change the world!
Parents
  • Manufacturing companies with rapid prototyping and 3D printing capabilities will be able to make parts for ventilators. All they will need is a compatible 3D cad file of the components needed. The key to releasing the manufacturing potential to to release the design data electronically.

The next step is to coordinate suppliers and the supply chain to assembly facilities. As I am also a member of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport, I know they are directly coordinating help for critical supply chains by way of volunteers, including retired members, so they could be enlisted to do that part.

The final step is to identify the assembly facilities, these will be companies making low to medium volume small products (similar size, with agile production facilities - so not the likes of JCB
  • Manufacturing companies with rapid prototyping and 3D printing capabilities will be able to make parts for ventilators. All they will need is a compatible 3D cad file of the components needed. The key to releasing the manufacturing potential to to release the design data electronically.

The next step is to coordinate suppliers and the supply chain to assembly facilities. As I am also a member of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport, I know they are directly coordinating help for critical supply chains by way of volunteers, including retired members, so they could be enlisted to do that part.

The final step is to identify the assembly facilities, these will be companies making low to medium volume small products (similar size, with agile production facilities - so not the likes of JCB
Children
No Data