This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Covid-19: Meeting the challenges through Engineering

I was president of the IET for 2016-17, and have been asked by government to gather practical and innovative ideas from our Engineering communities. So, please enter any ideas you might have in this thread that might help address and mitigate the Covid-19 crisis. Ideas might include digital tracking / monitoring through therapy equipment and beyond. Even ideas outside your usual expertise domain will be welcome. Now’s the time for Engineering to show we can change the world!
Parents
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Hi All,

We are being slightly hampered by a power outage at MFH today meaning the server is down for everyone working remotely - but I have been making headway into collating a list of individuals who are willing to offer their time and expertise on this subject. Along with RAEng we are putting out the message below and coordinating where best to direct people to. The text below is being designed into a flyer as we speak so as soon as I have access to it I will circulate. In the meantime if you would like to be included on the list could you please let me know on this forum, along with your area of expertise?

Many thanks,

Kate-Zillah

Kate-Zillah Sharpe
    Devolved Nations Lead

----------------

Can You Help to Engineer a Solution to COVID-19?

An increased demand for medical supplies and equipment provides an opportunity for the engineering profession and manufacturing sector to contribute to the fight against COVID-19.
    More than 60 companies have already responded to the Prime Minister’s call for 3D-printing capabilities to tackle the shortage of ventilators, but the engineering community is ideally placed to do more.
    If your company has the capability to divert production to components that could be used in ventilators or has the following skills of design/specification; rapid prototyping; contract/product assembly; certification/regulation/testing; logistics or medical training please register via the Government website at: https://ventilator.herokuapp.com/

If you are an Engineer wondering how you can support the fight against COVID-19 on an individual basis - we can help! Please email your contact details and area of expertise to SEP@theiet.org and we will ensure that your interest is passed on to the relevant organisation.

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Hi All,

We are being slightly hampered by a power outage at MFH today meaning the server is down for everyone working remotely - but I have been making headway into collating a list of individuals who are willing to offer their time and expertise on this subject. Along with RAEng we are putting out the message below and coordinating where best to direct people to. The text below is being designed into a flyer as we speak so as soon as I have access to it I will circulate. In the meantime if you would like to be included on the list could you please let me know on this forum, along with your area of expertise?

Many thanks,

Kate-Zillah

Kate-Zillah Sharpe
    Devolved Nations Lead

----------------

Can You Help to Engineer a Solution to COVID-19?

An increased demand for medical supplies and equipment provides an opportunity for the engineering profession and manufacturing sector to contribute to the fight against COVID-19.
    More than 60 companies have already responded to the Prime Minister’s call for 3D-printing capabilities to tackle the shortage of ventilators, but the engineering community is ideally placed to do more.
    If your company has the capability to divert production to components that could be used in ventilators or has the following skills of design/specification; rapid prototyping; contract/product assembly; certification/regulation/testing; logistics or medical training please register via the Government website at: https://ventilator.herokuapp.com/

If you are an Engineer wondering how you can support the fight against COVID-19 on an individual basis - we can help! Please email your contact details and area of expertise to SEP@theiet.org and we will ensure that your interest is passed on to the relevant organisation.

Children
No Data