This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

What are we going to do about the COVID-2X and COVID-3X World wide Pandemics?

The big question is how society is going to change as multiple waves of COVID-19 and new viruses appear over the next 20 years.

Business models supporting sharing of physical objects appear to be in jeopardy (example "ride sharing" transportation). 

Peter Brooks MIET

Palm Bay Florida USA
Parents
  • Hello Simon:

We all hope for the better but we better plan now for the worse.

We may or may not be able to develop a vaccine that is good for "life". Just consider that the annual flu vaccine is just a guess as to what will be circulating over the next season. The past flu shot was (based on the latest published data) only 50% efficient as sometimes the strain changes over one season. Here in the US we have a high dose version of the Flu vaccine for people over 65. However you have to ask specifically for it as it cost much more than the regular dose.

I was looking for ideas concerning what has to change now to protect the general population from spreading future pandemics.

As I highlighted in my original message "ride sharing" is in trouble.

However what about the current practice of building bigger and bigger transportation systems (planes and cruise ships) with higher and higher packing density that gives a virus more opportunities to rapid;y spread itself?

Peter Brooks MIET

Palm Bay Florida USA

• Hello Simon:

We all hope for the better but we better plan now for the worse.

We may or may not be able to develop a vaccine that is good for "life". Just consider that the annual flu vaccine is just a guess as to what will be circulating over the next season. The past flu shot was (based on the latest published data) only 50% efficient as sometimes the strain changes over one season. Here in the US we have a high dose version of the Flu vaccine for people over 65. However you have to ask specifically for it as it cost much more than the regular dose.

I was looking for ideas concerning what has to change now to protect the general population from spreading future pandemics.

As I highlighted in my original message "ride sharing" is in trouble.

However what about the current practice of building bigger and bigger transportation systems (planes and cruise ships) with higher and higher packing density that gives a virus more opportunities to rapid;y spread itself?

Peter Brooks MIET

Palm Bay Florida USA

Children
No Data