This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

What are we going to do about the COVID-2X and COVID-3X World wide Pandemics?

The big question is how society is going to change as multiple waves of COVID-19 and new viruses appear over the next 20 years.

Business models supporting sharing of physical objects appear to be in jeopardy (example "ride sharing" transportation). 

Peter Brooks MIET

Palm Bay Florida USA
Parents
  • Hello Malcolm:

Since I last responded to this topic earlier this year the current pandemic situation has reached another stage with (1) attempts to restart the economy (including schools) and (2) social rebellion due to psychological fatigue.

Attempts to restart the economy by the Political leadership (in order to prevent a complete financial meltdown), has been very difficult due personal fear of being infected by an "unseen" foe.

Regarding the problem of psychological fatigue I observed a similar situation during the bombing of London during WWII, where after a short period of time the population of London stopped seeking shelter and the concept of "If it is my time to die, so be it" developed.

However in a war the foe is fully defined.

Peter Brooks MIET

Palm Bay Florida USA

• Hello Malcolm:

Since I last responded to this topic earlier this year the current pandemic situation has reached another stage with (1) attempts to restart the economy (including schools) and (2) social rebellion due to psychological fatigue.

Attempts to restart the economy by the Political leadership (in order to prevent a complete financial meltdown), has been very difficult due personal fear of being infected by an "unseen" foe.

Regarding the problem of psychological fatigue I observed a similar situation during the bombing of London during WWII, where after a short period of time the population of London stopped seeking shelter and the concept of "If it is my time to die, so be it" developed.

However in a war the foe is fully defined.

Peter Brooks MIET

Palm Bay Florida USA

Children
No Data