This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

What are we going to do about the COVID-2X and COVID-3X World wide Pandemics?

The big question is how society is going to change as multiple waves of COVID-19 and new viruses appear over the next 20 years.

Business models supporting sharing of physical objects appear to be in jeopardy (example "ride sharing" transportation). 

Peter Brooks MIET

Palm Bay Florida USA
Parents
  • Hello Simon:-

As regards transportation options with/or after the CoVID-19 pandemic coupled with the need to reduce atmospheric CO2 to control climate change, I have the following personal observations:-

I have been retired for close to 20 years and live in a semi-rural part of Central Florida.

Each year at this time we prepare for our hurricane season. Besides the storage of food and water in my house we have to consider the ramification of being hit by a CAT 3 or 4+ hurricane eye wall. This has happened at least 3 times  over the past 50 years. I am aware from past hurricanes that my house will stand 110 mph winds. Anything above that we evacuate somewhere (?)  

Previous hurricanes have (1) shut down wireless towers (2) Eliminated electrical power for a week (3) shut down distribution of gas (petrol) delivery tankers and gas(petrol) and diesel stations (4) food stores.

So it is important to have some form of transportation to get one to safety.

There are no passenger trains, planes stop flying well before the hurricane, and local buses also stop operation.

Depending on the size of the approaching storm one may have to travel 200-300 miles out of it's path.

Thus any transportation system must have a range of 250 miles without the need of refilling.

During one of last years storms Tesla downloaded software into it's cars to extend the maximum mileage that could be obtained. How they were able to extend this range I never found out.

Peter Brooks MIET

Palm Bay Florida USA

• Hello Simon:-

As regards transportation options with/or after the CoVID-19 pandemic coupled with the need to reduce atmospheric CO2 to control climate change, I have the following personal observations:-

I have been retired for close to 20 years and live in a semi-rural part of Central Florida.

Each year at this time we prepare for our hurricane season. Besides the storage of food and water in my house we have to consider the ramification of being hit by a CAT 3 or 4+ hurricane eye wall. This has happened at least 3 times  over the past 50 years. I am aware from past hurricanes that my house will stand 110 mph winds. Anything above that we evacuate somewhere (?)  

Previous hurricanes have (1) shut down wireless towers (2) Eliminated electrical power for a week (3) shut down distribution of gas (petrol) delivery tankers and gas(petrol) and diesel stations (4) food stores.

So it is important to have some form of transportation to get one to safety.

There are no passenger trains, planes stop flying well before the hurricane, and local buses also stop operation.

Depending on the size of the approaching storm one may have to travel 200-300 miles out of it's path.

Thus any transportation system must have a range of 250 miles without the need of refilling.

During one of last years storms Tesla downloaded software into it's cars to extend the maximum mileage that could be obtained. How they were able to extend this range I never found out.

Peter Brooks MIET

Palm Bay Florida USA

Children
No Data