This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Kelly Marie.

Mornin' Kelly Marie,

are you a radio amateur at all? Do your radio shack lights go dim when you transmit? I stumbled across this guy in America and thought that you might find it interesting. Just look at his large collection of gear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXHWhfgGZps

Z.

Parents
  • Hi Kelly - GW4EYO here. Have not been active for many years and that was as GW8AOC when as a Class B we were restricted to 430 MHz and above, All valve transmitter and a solid state 70 cm converter to 28-30 MHz to an all valve receiver Lafayette HE-30

With communicating on HF professionally, the novelty wore off; 1.5 kW cw Morse and less power on USB also a separate transceiver for radio-telex. Various marine bands 410 kHz to 25 MHz and a brief calling to Portishead from the South Pacific on an aeronautical frequency one evening, which I shouldn't have done, but I got a telephone call through...

With radio-telex, 10 watts into a 10 metre whip off Cape Horn back to Portishead Radio was quite doable.

73s Clive

• Hi Kelly - GW4EYO here. Have not been active for many years and that was as GW8AOC when as a Class B we were restricted to 430 MHz and above, All valve transmitter and a solid state 70 cm converter to 28-30 MHz to an all valve receiver Lafayette HE-30

With communicating on HF professionally, the novelty wore off; 1.5 kW cw Morse and less power on USB also a separate transceiver for radio-telex. Various marine bands 410 kHz to 25 MHz and a brief calling to Portishead from the South Pacific on an aeronautical frequency one evening, which I shouldn't have done, but I got a telephone call through...

With radio-telex, 10 watts into a 10 metre whip off Cape Horn back to Portishead Radio was quite doable.

73s Clive

Children
No Data