This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Type A (61508) Safety Pressure Differential Transmitter

Anyone know where I can get a pressure differential transmitter with 4-20mA output for a safety application that is classed as a Type A device as defined in BS EN 61508?
Parents
  • Rob

Snap I also work in the Nuclear industry so I understand where you are coming from with Emphasis testing and the associated costs and the challenge you have. Just a suggestion but I am sure the Yokogawa's have been substantiated (Emphasis checked) within my company so if this is combined with the Siemens DSIII could this help in avoiding the common mode failure in the 2oo3 system i.e diverse technology. I assume this being driven by the Safety Case.

Otherwise a different approach. If it's for flow measurements then consider other diverse technologies such as Ultra Sonic or electro-magnetic Flow measurement.

Sorry probably not much use not understanding your specific requirement.

Mike
  • Rob

Snap I also work in the Nuclear industry so I understand where you are coming from with Emphasis testing and the associated costs and the challenge you have. Just a suggestion but I am sure the Yokogawa's have been substantiated (Emphasis checked) within my company so if this is combined with the Siemens DSIII could this help in avoiding the common mode failure in the 2oo3 system i.e diverse technology. I assume this being driven by the Safety Case.

Otherwise a different approach. If it's for flow measurements then consider other diverse technologies such as Ultra Sonic or electro-magnetic Flow measurement.

Sorry probably not much use not understanding your specific requirement.

Mike
Children
No Data