This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Type A (61508) Safety Pressure Differential Transmitter

Anyone know where I can get a pressure differential transmitter with 4-20mA output for a safety application that is classed as a Type A device as defined in BS EN 61508?
Parents
  • Hello Mike

I have actually, at last, found a Type A pressure transmitter with independent SIL certification, the DMP331 from BD I Sensors GmbH, they also do the DMD331 a pressure differential transmitter, it looks almost identical to the DMP331 but without the independent SIL certification, so I assume that this could be developed further.  We could do with more than just one option though.

Maybe in time as confidence in SMART devices develops we may find a relaxing of the rules.

Rob

• Hello Mike

I have actually, at last, found a Type A pressure transmitter with independent SIL certification, the DMP331 from BD I Sensors GmbH, they also do the DMD331 a pressure differential transmitter, it looks almost identical to the DMP331 but without the independent SIL certification, so I assume that this could be developed further.  We could do with more than just one option though.

Maybe in time as confidence in SMART devices develops we may find a relaxing of the rules.

Rob

Children
No Data