This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Energy systems thinking a new design

Hi I would like to ask the community if we can set up a post for a new energy system I have been working on ,I think it works out more efficient and ecologically better , and its large scale thinking for energy systems , and now I need to check through my figures and need the views of IET thinkers for instance on combustion , post combustion chemistry , it unfolds into quite a complex system which I have been working on for 8 years , but enables us to get more energy from wastes and perhaps helps to move to biomaterials. I have an interest as environmental thinker and have designed the system to go through to government funding phases and pretty confident it works well in a number of questions around energy and environmental thinking .
Parents
  • Lets add a few combustion figures assume NPT

biomass (10% moisture) around 16000kj/kg (to include waste wood.,paper,straw,) (stoich combustion at est 1m3 of O2  per kg of Bm)

Bio solids (15-20% moisture) around 7000 kj/Kg (stoich combustion est at 1.2m3 of O2 per kg of BS)

CH4 around 39,000 kj/m3 (stoich combustion at 2m3 of O2 per m3 of CH4)

ethanol 23400 kj/lt  (stoich combustion is 1.26 m3 of O2 per lt)

Hydrogen (g) 12700 kj/m3 (stoic combustion is 2m3 of O2 per m3 of H2)

The figure trying to get hold of is Refuse derived fuel or RDF ,I guess its similar to low grade coal at around 21,000kj/kg so stoich O2 use will be around 1.4m3 of O2 per kg of RDF  ???

• Lets add a few combustion figures assume NPT

biomass (10% moisture) around 16000kj/kg (to include waste wood.,paper,straw,) (stoich combustion at est 1m3 of O2  per kg of Bm)

Bio solids (15-20% moisture) around 7000 kj/Kg (stoich combustion est at 1.2m3 of O2 per kg of BS)

CH4 around 39,000 kj/m3 (stoich combustion at 2m3 of O2 per m3 of CH4)

ethanol 23400 kj/lt  (stoich combustion is 1.26 m3 of O2 per lt)

Hydrogen (g) 12700 kj/m3 (stoic combustion is 2m3 of O2 per m3 of H2)

The figure trying to get hold of is Refuse derived fuel or RDF ,I guess its similar to low grade coal at around 21,000kj/kg so stoich O2 use will be around 1.4m3 of O2 per kg of RDF  ???

Children
No Data